Upcoming Cougar Skate Dates
- December 13
- January 11
- February 7
- March 14
- April 4
- Must have a BYU ID to enter.
- All participants MUST be 18 years of age or older (current students with a BYU ID under the age of 18 are an exception).
- All participants MUST sign a waiver (a minor waiver is provided only for use by current BYU students under 18, and waiver must be signed digitally by a legal guardian).
- Skaters MUST wear rental skates. NO personal skates allowed.
- Skaters MUST wear socks.
- Personal belongings are left at participants' own risk.
- Please be courteous to others.
- NO jumping or roughhousing.
- NO food, drink, or chewing gum while skating in the Ballroom.
- Skates must remain in the ballroom, NO skating outside the Ballroom.
- Unattended skates will be collected and redistributed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When and how can I purchase a ticket?
A: Tickets are sold at the event and can be purchased using Credit, Debit, or Cougar Cash! We do not accept cash.
Q: Do I need to be a BYU student to skate?
A: The Cougar Skate program is intended for current BYU students. A current BYU Student ID is required to purchase tickets. Students may purchase additional tickets to bring adult guests. All participants must be 18 and older, with the exception of current BYU students under the age of 18.
Q: I have a current BYU Student ID, can I bring my kids to Cougar Skate?
A: No. The only exception for minors to attend Cougar Skate is for current BYU students under the age of 18.
Q: Do I need to worry about tickets selling out?
A: The maximum skating capacity in the Ballroom is 300 skaters. Once capacity is reached, tickets sales will go on hold. As skaters turn in their skates to leave the event, additional skate spots will open. Once capacity is reached we cannot guarantee if or when spots will open, but will do our best to accommodate all interested participants as quickly as possible.
Toggle ItemGroup Ticketing
Q: Can I get a group discount on tickets?
A: Not at this time.
Q: Can I reserve the whole skate night for a private event?
A: No. Access to the WSC Ballroom space is limited and the skate nights are intended for all interested students.
Q: Can I bring my own skates?
A: No. Approval to hold this event from the Wilkinson Student Center building management and BYU Risk Management offices is based in part on the exclusive use of BYU owned and maintained skate equipment.
Q: Can I reserve the skates for a private event?
A: No. The skates and skating events held in the Wilkinson Student Center are approved for use only for the Cougar Skate program. No private rentals, reservations, or use of the skates by individuals or other campus groups is permitted.
Toggle ItemContact Us